Thursday, June 4, 2009

24 Hour Packing Frenzy

Dear friends,

I am sitting in my room right now, with everything I need around me. Somehow I must find a way to fit them into two duffle bags. It looks like it won't be too difficult, but packing for a ten-week trip to foreign lands must be done well.

I've already decided to forgo my personal laptop. Jeff is bringing his.

Here is my packing list so far:
-2 bottles of 25% DEET mosquito repellent, 1 can of 99%DEET, a few dozen 30%DEET mosquito wipes.
-Sunglasses
-Hat with brim
-Water purifier: Iodine tablets from Polar Pure and Potable Aqua.
-Electric water kettle
-USB sticks, power strips, converters
-Notebook, pens, duct tape
-Permanent markers
-Anti-bacterial wipes (1 large plastic can), Purell
-Manually-recharging LED flashlight
-Lonely Planet East Africa tour guide
-Sneakers and flip flops
-Glasses and contact lenses + solution
-Long sleeved shirts & pants
-Rain jacket
-Energy bars and snacks
-Copies of documents (passport, yellow fever vaccination, Ugandan visa)
-Tissues, 1 roll of toilet paper
-2 King-size pop-up mosquito nets
-Activated international cell phone (for emergencies)
-Sleeping bag w/ attached pillow
-Vitamin C
-Rehydration salts
-Mini calculator (for currency exchanges)
-Money belt
-Nalgene bottle (1L)
-iPod + charger
-Sweatshirt w/ hood
-book
-Malaria prophylaxis + Tylenol + Advil
-Toiletries
-Power adapters

No comments:

Post a Comment